SOUTHINGTON OFFROAD PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rules are in place to ensure that all guests have the opportunity to maximize their fun.
Friday – Camping only trails are closed. Registration 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday – Trails open 9:00am – Dusk. Day pass guests must exit the park by dusk.
Sunday – Trails open 9:00am – 5:00pm. Guests must exit the park by 5:00pm.
Night time wheeling is prohibited unless accompanied by STAFF.
2. Entering the park, Please:
Park in the day parking across from the cabin.
Check in at the Cabin located at 10321 Silica Sand Rd. Garrettsville 44231
Pay admission, and pickup a wristband and vehicle tag.
Vehicle tags must be placed on the upper driver’s side of the windshield.
Seat belt must be worn in all vehicles
Passengers are not permitted to ride in the bed of a pickup truck regardless if it has seats or not
All vehicles should have at least one tow point and a full-size spare tire
No agricultural or UTV style tires – DOT style tread ONLY
Vehicles must be 4 wheel drive
Vehicles must have a muffler
For safety reasons, chains and tow straps with metal hook ends are not permitted for vehicle recovery. Recovery strap / rope should have loop ends only.
4. Drivers must hold a valid driver’s license and be covered by an automobile Insurance policy.
5. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE: We ask that you or your passengers do not drink or have any alcoholic beverages in the vehicle or on the trails at any time. This is for your safety as well as those around you. Please reserve your alcoholic consumption time, for the end of your wheeling day. When you can relax and enjoy it. Please no glass bottles either. It is too easy to break, and too dangerous to have broken glass around where people are walking.
6. No littering. We have a dumpster on site, please use it.
7. Campfires are for cooking and burning of firewood only. Campfires can be no larger than a 2’x2’ area and in a fire ring. Campfires must be put out when leaving the camping area.
8. Chainsaws are not permitted.
9. Quiet hours are 11:00pm-7:00am. Please be respectful to other campers.
Must be on a leash at ALL times.
When at your site pets must be kept within the confines of your site on a lead.
Please pick up after your pet.
11. Stay on designated trails: If you cannot tackle the obstacle in front of you turn around or back out. Do not bushwack or create a bypass around a trail or obstacle.
Respect the property – keep your vehicle locked in 4wd while on the trails
The Haul Road bridge on the south side of the property is NOT an RTI ramp – keep off the sides of the bridge
Closed trails are marked with caution tape / road barricades etc. Do not remove the caution tape or move the barricade, the trail is closed for your safety. If you are unsure if a trail is open ask a staff member.
Please do not enter the gate or drive in front of the owner's house by the lake.
12. Speed limit: Haul Road 10 MPH. Trails-Crawl. From the cabin to the pavilion around the campsite area is only 5 mph. Please watch for children walking and playing in these areas.
13. HAVE FUN - BE SAFE!